MENU
      component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01

      1 taken to hospital after North Charleston fire

      NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- One person was taken to Medical University Hospital following a house fire in North Charleston Friday morning.

      According to North Charleston Fire Department spokeswoman Bianca Sancic, three agencies responded to the fire on Barnwell Avenue. The fire started around 9:30 a.m. at a single-wide mobile home, Sancic said.

      It took firefighters about five minutes to contain the fire; damage was limited to the kitchen area, but smoke damage spread throughout the mobile home.

      Sancic said the fire started on the stove while the resident was cooking.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER