3rd NC man arrested in death of Aynor man
CONWAY, S.C. (AP) - A third man has been arrested in the death of an Aynor man who was found in his burning home last month.
Horry County Police Lt. Robert Kegler said 21-year-old Douglas Thomas was arrested earlier this week in Columbus County, North Carolina.
Kegler said Thomas is being charged with murder and first-degree arson.
Sixty-eight-year-old Charles Bryant Smith was found in his burning home April 29.
Two other men face the same charges, 20-year-old Tommy Lee Benton of Chadbourn, North Carolina and 19-year-old Mitchell Douglas Cheatham of Council, North Carolina.
The men are awaiting extradition to Horry County. It was not clear if they have attorneys.
Authorities said Smith was found near the front door and had suffered some burns, but his cause of death has not been released.Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.