MONCKS CORNER, S.C. (WCIV) - One of two men accused of killing two women and leaving their bodies in the Francis Marion National Forest nearly two years ago will face a judge and jury on Monday.
Caleb Matlock's trial will begin Monday.
Matlock and his cousin Arthur Chavis are accused of killing 18-year-old Dana Marie Woods and 22-year-old June Guerry in September 2012. Investigators said the two men were acquaintances with the two women.
The men were charged with murder initially, but Berkeley County deputies added charges of armed robbery and weapons possession.
According to investigators, Woods' body was found near her Cordesville home while Guerry's body was found near Alvin.
Court documents show a witness told detectives that one of the suspects admitted to killing the women with a 9-millimeter handgun. Court documents also show both men admitted to investigators they had been involved in the deaths.
Guerry's family said they last saw the two women on Aug. 26, 2012 when Woods stopped by Guerry's home to pick her up.
According to an incident report, Woods and Guerry stopped at Burger King and McDonald's in Moncks Corner. A day later, Woods' car was spotted with a man behind the wheel.
Guerry's family members say that man was Matlock. They say their daughter knew Matlock.
Investigators have not said what motivated the shootings.