MENU
      component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01

      Clothes dryer sparks fire at Joe Pasta

      Cell photo from the scene (Alan Garmendia/WCIV)

      CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- Firefighters responded to the Joe Pasta restaurant on King Street late Tuesday night.

      According to a release from the Charleston Fire Department, when they arrived around midnight, they saw smoke coming from inside and employees had already evacuated.

      Fire Marshal Mike Julazadeh said the fire was found in the office on the first floor and only minor smoke damage went beyond the office area.

      Investigators from the Fire Marshal Division determined the fire started in a clothes dryer that was in the office.

      Crews from the City of Charleston and Saint Andrews Fire Departments, Charleston County EMS, and Charleston Police Department responded.

      {}

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER