Chef Kimberly Brock Brown prepared whole wheat penne with chicken and red pepper sauce on Lowcountry Live on Thursday, May 31.
It can be served hot or cold for a salad.
Wheat Penne Pasta with Chicken & Red Pepper Sauce
* 1lb Whole Wheat Penne
* 1 lb Grilled Chicken Strips
* 9 oz Red Bell Peppers Roasted
* 1 clove Garlic Roasted
* 1 Bulb Shallot Roasted
* 18 oz Veggie Stock
* Salt & Black Pepper to taste
* 1 1/2oz Rice Vinegar
* 8oz Sundried Tomatoes- Rehydrated
* 3oz Grated Parmesan Cheese
Prepare pasta according to package directions.
Simmer peppers, garlic, shallots and stock. Add vinegar and boil for five minutes. Puree until smooth. Adjust with salt and pepper.
Plate chicken on pasta, with tomatoes and red pepper sauce. Top with cheese and serve.