MENU

      Coroner: Man dies after using charcoal grill to heat home

      LADSON, S.C. (WCIV) -- Officials with the coroner's office says a man found dead in his mobile home may have died of carbon monoxide poisoning because he used a charcoal grill to heat his bedroom.

      According to Coroner Bill Salisbury, 25-year-old Audiel Lopez-Marroquin was found dead in the single wide mobile home he shared with his wife, who was also sick.

      Berkeley County EMS responded to the home on College Park Road around 2 a.m. Thursday. The wife was taken to the hospital.

      Coroner Salisbury said investigators found out the couple had been using a charcoal grill to heat their enclosed bedroom and an autopsy revealed the man may have died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

      Officials are waiting for the toxicology report before they make a final ruling.

      Lopez-Marroquin's death was investigated by the BerkeleyCounty Coroner's Office and the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office.{}

      {}

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER