BCSD: Minor gas leak at Cane Bay repaired

      SUMMERVILLE, S.C. (WCIV) -- Maintenance crews, firefighters and a team from SCE&G repaired minor gas leak at Cane Bay High School Friday morning.

      The leak was reported after several people complained of a faint gas smell. The crews found and replaced a faulty valve.

      According to Susan Haire with the Berkeley County School District, the alert went up around 10 a.m. Students were moved from the two hallways that had the smell but the rest of the school is unaffected.

      The building was also inspected for other leaks; none were found, said Haire. The students displaced by the leak are back in their classrooms.

      "The school used the call-out system to inform parents about the situation and to let them know that students are safe," Haire.