JOHNS ISLAND, S.C. (WCIV) -- Fire investigators said Tuesday the fire that damaged two businesses on Johns Island early Monday morning was caused by an electrical outlet.Officials said an outlet in a storage room near Crave's kitchen sparked the fire.Firefighters were called to the Crave restaurant on Betsy Kerrison Parkway on Johns Island shortly after 6 a.m. Monday. The fire appears to have started in the kitchen, officials said. A second business, Beachwalker Rentals located next door to Crave, was also affected by the fire. There were no employees in the building at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.Cars were stuck in stand-still traffic for several hours because firefighters shut down southbound lanes of Betsy Kerrison Parkway at Camp Care Road.By 8:45 a.m., all lanes of traffic had been reopened.
WCIV ABC News 4, Charleston, South Carolina provides coverage of local and national news, sports, weather and community events in the region, including North Charleston, Mt Pleasant, Summerville, Hanahan, Goose Creek, Rantowles, Cottageville, St George, Moncks Corner, Jacksonboro, Ravenel, Cottageville, Walterboro, Sullivans Island, Dewees Island and Folly Beach.