DD2 officials: Gregg Middle School fire started in bathroom with toilet paper

Crews leaving the scene around 10:30 Wednesday morning (Dave MacQueen/WCIV)

SUMMERVILLE, S.C. (WCIV) -- Summerville Fire and Rescue crews responded to Gregg Middle School on Greenwave Boulevard for reports of a fire Wednesday morning.

The fire started in a bathroom in building 400, school officials said, adding that someone set a roll of toilet paper on fire.

Five classrooms of seventh graders were displaced for the day while crews clear the smoke from the hallways and bathroom, but district officials expect the students to be back in their regular classrooms on Thursday.

"There is no structural damage to the building, just smoke. Only five classes have been displaced for the day, and they will be placed in other parts of the building. Classes will remain in session today," a statement from Dorchester District 2's Facebook page read.