MENU
      component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01

      Firefighter seriously injured in house fire Tuesday

      Photo provided.

      CLARENDON COUNTY, S.C. (WCIV) -- A firefighter was seriously injured in a fire Tuesday afternoon at his home in Clarendon County.{}

      According to officials, Firefighter-Paramedic Jack "Slade" Evans was injured whenhis home caught on fire; he wasasleep when the fire was discovered.

      Officials said Evans saved his cat and escaped with only theclothes he was wearing. Evans' son was not at home when the fire occurred, according to reports.

      His home was destroyed, and Evans suffered second-degree burns to hishead, shoulders, upper arms and back.

      Officials say Evans was treated at McLeod Hospital inFlorence, then transferred to the Still Burn Center at Doctor's Hospital inAugusta, Ga. He underwent surgery on Thursday.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER