NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- Firefighters were called to an elementary school in North Charleston Thursday for a report of smoke inside the building.
Fire officials said students at Edmund A. Burns Elementary School, 3750 Dorchester Road, were evacuated after smoke was reported in the hallway of the building around 1 p.m.
A school district spokesman said students returned to the building just before 1:30 p.m.
North Charleston firefighters said they have isolated the problem to a electrical short in a heating unit. The threat was resolved by cutting power to that area of the building.
There were no injuries reported.