Gas leak found at Stall HS; Students dismissed early

      (John Gaddy/WCIV)

      NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- Students at R. B. Stall High School were dismissed early on Tuesday as crews with the North Charleston Fire Department and South Carolina Electric and Gas worked a gas leak.

      North Charleston Deputy Fire Chief Kyle Minick said the leak seemed to be coming from an area in or near a janitor's closet. He said it took crews about an hour to find the source of the smell that caused the concern.

      Before being dismissed for the day, students were moved to the opposite side of the building to the gym.

      "We feel with SCE&G there and with our equipment and crew everything will be o.k.," Minick said.

      In addition to the early dismissal on Tuesday, classes were canceled for Wednesday.

      "At this point, the gas leak at Stall HS has not been resolved and likely won't be resolved until late tomorrow," said district spokesman Jason Sakran.

      Check back with ABC News 4 as we continue to update this story.