MENU

      Goose Creek house fire leaves 1 dog dead

      GOOSE CREEK, S.C. (WCIV) -- An early morning fire hit a family home of seven in Goose Creek. According to Chief Bob Maibach of the Goose Creek Rural Fire Department, a structure fire took place around 3:30 a.m. at 325 Elrod Drive.

      Chief Maibach says the fire started in the kitchen and spread to the dining room. A family of 5 adults and 4 children made it out of the house safe. Unfortunately the family's pet dog died in the fire.

      The Chief says there was significant heat and smoke damage in kitchen/dining room area and throughout the house. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to that area of the home.

      The Pimlico Fire Department assisted Goose Creek Rural with the fire.

      The Red cross is assisting the family.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER