MENU

      HVAC unit sparks fire at West Ashley apartment building

      WEST ASHLEY, S.C. (WCIV) -- An air unit between two apartment building sparked a small fire Tuesday.

      According to Charleston fire officials, the fire started around 12:20 p.m. at the Colonial Village apartment on Sam Rittenberg Boulevard. The fire started in a space between the first and second floor.

      A bystander spotted the fire and tried to put it out before calling firefighters. Officials said the damage was limited to the first floor apartment. There was minor damage to the second floor.

      Building managers are working to relocate the tenants who were affected by the fire.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER