MENU

      Kitchen fire damages 4 apartments

      NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- Four North Charleston apartments were damaged in a kitchen fire Wednesday afternoon.

      According to fire officials, the fire happened at the{}Fairwind-Oakfield Apartments at 8750 Fairwind Drive off Otranto Road around 1 p.m. The fire was contained in 10 minutes and the fire damage was contained to the original unit.{}

      However, smoke damaged several nearby apartments, officials said.{}In all, residents from four units were displaced due to the damage.

      There were no injuries in the fire, however.{}

      The American Red Cross is assisting residents of theapartments affected.{} The fire started on the stove of one of the apartments on the first floor, officials said.{}

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER