Local doctor earns national recognition
By Dean Stephensdstephens@abcnews4.com
A Lowcountry doctor was recognized as one of the very best doctors in the country.
Dr. Michael Slowey of Coastal Fertility Specialists in Mount Pleasant made the US News and World Report's Top Doctor List. Dr. Slowey was the only reproductive endocrinologist in the state of South Carolina to make the list and was one of only 237 reproductive endocrinologists in the nation to make the "Top List".
According to Dr. Slowey, one of the great honors associated with the award is that he was nominated by his peers.
"After nearly 20 years as a reproductive endocrinologist, it is very satisfying to be recognized by my peers with this honor," said Dr. Slowey.
Only 31,000 doctors across the nation were recognized by the magazines "Top Doctor" list. The magazine's selections are based on nominations submitted by other doctors and, according to the magazine, the recommendations are reviewed by its physician-led research team.
"To me, this is also recognition of our team at CFS, as we work very closely with our clinical, laboratory and administrative teams to try and provide the best care possible. I cannot do what I do alone," said Dr. Slowey.
Dr. Slowey is the co-founder of Coastal Fertility Specialists and, according to his office, he has been awarded several industry awards including:
- The National Faculty Award for Excellence in Resident Education from the Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1995
- One of New York's Metro Area Top Doctors for 7 years (2002-2008)
- New York Magazine's Top Minimally Invasive Surgeons (2002)
- NJ Savvy's Top Doctors for Women (2005-2008)
- New Jersey Life's Top Doctors (2004 & 2005)
- Listed in America's top Ob/Gyn's by the Consumer Research Council of America for 7 years (2004-2012)
- And US News Top Reproductive Endocrinologists in 2011