MENU

      Man wrestles fireball

      Above are the dryers the owner was working on when he was hit by the fireball. (WCIV)

      MONCKS CORNER, S.C. (WCIV) -- There aren't many people who can say they were blown away by a fireball and lived to tell about it...

      Things got heated at a laundromat at the intersection of Old Highway 52 and Highway 52 Saturday morning, literally.

      During maintenance at the laundromat, a gas fire broke out. The owner of the business was changing the burner tubes of a dryer when flames climbed the wall and a fireball hit him and launched him across the business.

      Three people were in the store at the time. No one, including the owner, was injured.

      The owner says the business will be closed for at least the next three days.{}

      As far as how he's feeling -- he told ABC News 4 it was like a movie.{}

      "I felt like a stuntman," he said.

      {}

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER