Murder suspect still on the loose

      Travaris Walker (provided)

      CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- A murder suspect who managed to break free from an electronic monitoring anklet is still on the run.

      Travaris Walker is one of four men charged in the death of Marquis Rashard Richardson in December 2011.

      Prosecutors said Walker removed the monitoring device some time last week. He has not been located.

      King Dominique Wilson of North Charleston, 22, 23-year-old Latasha Yvette McCall, 29-year-old Fredrick Andre Sanders and Travaris D. Walker, 29, from Charleston, were all charged back in January for the murder of Marquis Rashad Richardson.

      Wilson, Sanders and McCall were charged with accessory before and after the fact. Walker was the only one charged with murder.

      Officials say Richardson was abducted at gunpoint from 69 Norman Street and was forced into a vehicle. His body was found at a private railroad crossing off Lincolnville Road on December 19 with a gunshot to the head.

      Walker is described as a 30-year-old black male, about 5'11" tall and weighing 180 pounds. His last known address was 38 Bull Street in downtown Charleston.

      Jim Robinson, whose company monitors the device, said Walker's anklet started giving off alerts Sept. 28 that it might have been tampered with. On Oct. 13, the device gave off a different type of alert, and investigators discovered Walker had disappeared.

      Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Travaris Dwayne Walker is asked to contact the Charleston County Sheriff's Office at 843-202-1700 or Crime Stoppers at 843-554-1111.