CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- City of Charleston officials have announced a new and updated city website will be launched Wednesday.
The new site will have the same address as the old one, www.charleston-sc.gov, but will have a new search feature and be more user friendly.
Other new features include:
- Features for those with physical impairments
- A foreign language translation tool
- Email and/or text notifications for a variety of topics, including emergency notifications.
- A "Bidline" module that gives businesses easy access to new projects ready for bid while keeping citizens up to date on new projects
- Budget, check registry and salary information
- Calendar of city events and meetings
"Providing the best possible customer service is our primary goal," Mayor Joseph P. Riley, Jr. said in a press release. "The new website provides great, easy to find information to our citizens. The new website is another layer of customer service which will provide rapid communication about a service request and ensure that our citizens receive the most efficient and timely service."
The site will also have upgraded social media connectivity, including the city's Pinterest page.