2 charged in death of Mt. Pleasant man

Kenneth Dyer (Charged with murder)

MOUNT PLEASANT, S.C. (WCIV) -- Two suspects appeared in bond court Sunday morning, more than a month after a 43-year-old man was found dead in Dunes West.

A Mount Pleasant Police spokesman says, Kenneth Dyer, 37, of North Charleston was arrested by US Marshals and Horry County Police in Conway after a "tireless investigation" into the death. Dyer was taken into custody without incident.

Police also say Shara Greene, 22, of Ladson was also arrested in connection to the incident. Dyer is being charged with murder, while Greene is charged with being an accessory after the fact of murder.

According to an incident report, the victim Robert Weir was found dead in front of a home at 2736 Palmetto Hall blvd. on June 21, 2011.

Police and EMS reportedly responded to the scene after a neighbor called 911 and said that they saw Weir lying face down in the grass around 6:30 in the morning. The neighbor also told authorities they had last seen Weir around 11 p.m. the night before, drinking bourbon on his porch.

The incident report says that Weir was pronounced dead at the scene, and noted that he was found lying next to a half empty bottle of Knob Creek. According to the incident report, a probable natural death form was also completed at that time.

During a bond hearing Sunday morning, Dyer was denied bond and Greene was granted a $200,000 bond. A spokesman for the victim's family addressed the accused:

"There's three young boys at home who are fatherless now and they're suffering greatly," said the victim's family spokesman.

Court documents say there was an argument between Kenneth Dyer and Robert Weir outside Weir's Dunes West home.

According to a police affadavit, the confrontation was over money Weir owed to an escort service. The report also says Shara Greene - who was with Dyer that night- says she saw Dyer put Weir in a choke hold.

"I was just in the car," said Shara Greene during Bond Court, Sunday morning.

Karen Greene, Shara's mother, says her daughter was working at an escort service at that time.

"She was at the wrong place at the wrong time I feel, and a bad thing had to happen and I'm very sad for the family it had to happen to," said Karen Greene.

Greene's mother told us what her daughter told her the night of Weir's death.

"She didn't know the man got hurt. She wasn't out of the car when it happened," said Karen Greene. "She just thought the man got choked, that's all."