MENU

      Residents warned to avoid open flame due to gas leak

      ?

      JAMES ISLAND, S.C. (WCIV) -- Residents in one James Island neighborhood were warned to avoid using an open flame due to a gas leak in the area Thursday morning.

      A supervisor with Charleston County Consolidated Dispatch says the gas leak was in the area of Grimball Road and Riverland Drive. Traffic in the area was{} blocked but the all clear was given sometime before 8 a.m. Dispatch operators said traffic will be affected as SCE&G crews continue to work in the area.

      The Charleston County Sheriff's Office and James Island fire responded.

      Stay with ABC News 4 for more on this developing story.

      {}?

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER