Stingrays, East Cooper Medical Center unveil this year's Pink in the Rink jerseys

(Dave MacQueen/WCIV)

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- The South Carolina Stingrays unveiled their 2014 Pink In The Rink jerseys this week.The jerseys will be worn by the Stingrays during the Eighth Annual Pink in the Rink. The special game is a partnership between the Stingrays and East Cooper Medical Center to raise money for the Lowcountry Susan G. Komen Foundation.One night a year the hockey rink glows pink and the whole evening features Pink in the Rink game jerseys, pink hockey sticks, a silent auction, a live game-worn jersey auction after the game and free parking. A portion of all the proceeds generated from the auctions, ticket sales, vendor tables and special events will be donated to Susan G. Komen Lowcountry to help fight breast cancer. "We are extremely excited for this season's event," said Stingrays President Rob Concannon. "It is a special game on our schedule that continues to grow every season with the goal of raising awareness and funds to fight breast cancer in the Charleston area. We are once again happy to partner with East Cooper Medical Center for this game." "East Cooper Medical Center is proud to sponsor the South Carolina Stingrays' 'Pink in the Rink Night,'" said Jason Alexander, CEO of East Cooper Medical Center. "This season will mark the fifth year that we have sponsored this event to help raise funds for Susan G. Komen Lowcountry, and to bring awareness about the importance of early detection of breast cancer." The foundation has contributed more than five and a half million dollars in grant money for breast cancer research over the last ten years."The majority of them, 75 percent, stays local within our 17 county service area which is the whole Lowcountry region," said Elizabeth Ricciardone with the Lowcountry Susan G. Komen Foundation. "And the other 25 percent goes to national research." The game is set for Saturday February 22 at the North Charleston Coliseum. The puck drop is at 7:05 p.m. and the Stingrays will face off against the Evansville IceMen.