ALDI recalls apples sold in South Carolina stores for possible listeria contamination
ALDI has issued a precautionary recall on several varieties of apples sold in its South Carolina stores, and in other stores around the Southeast and Midwest.
ALDI officials say the recall is out of an abundance of caution for fears of possible listeria contamination on the apples.
The fruits were available for purchase in stores starting December 13, the company says. The affected products have been removed from stock.
The following products are impacted by this recall:
- Fuji Apples, 3 lb. bag, | UPC code: 033383087139
- Gala Apples, 3 lb. bag, | UPC code: 033383086897
- Golden Apples, 3 lb. bag, | UPC code: 033383081175
- Honeycrisp Apples, 2 lb. bag, | UPC code: 079954000015
- Honeycrisp Apples | Sticker: 3283
To date, no illnesses related to these products have been reported.