Charleston County trash pickup & damage reporting: what you need to know
Tropical Storm Irma has things out of sorts in Charleston County this week, but things are getting back to normal. The county will return to normal operating conditions Wednesday at 5.
Here are a few things you need to know if you live in Charleston County:
GARBAGE & RECYCLING
- Trash & recycling collections have resumed, but are on a two-day delay.
- The Bees Ferry Landfill has re-opened, and most community garbage and recycling centers around the county will re-open at 9 a.m. Thursday
- The Edisto Island and Signal Point Road dumps will reopen Thursday on their normal schedules
- Click here to report storm damage.
The county will use the data to send damage assessment teams to the right areas. The date will also be used to help FEMA decide if a disaster declaration is necessary.
County officials say damage assessment teams are out now assessing properties impacted by Irma.
- Initial appearance and status conference roll calls scheduled for Friday, September 8 are rescheduled to Friday, September 15 at 2:00 p.m.
- Status conference roll call scheduled for Tuesday, September 12 is rescheduled for Friday, September 15 at 2:00 p.m.
- The County Council meeting has been rescheduled for Sept. 19 at 6:30 p.m.