MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Crews battle grease fire at Mount Pleasant Sonic Friday morning

Fire at Sonic (Awendaw-McClellanville Fire District)

A fire at a Mount Pleasant fast-food restaurant forced employees to evacuate Friday morning, but no one was hurt.

Awendaw-McClellanville firefighters say they quickly were able to put out a grease fire inside the Sonic at U.S. 17 and Hwy. 41 around 9:30 a.m.

Firefighters say the fire was isolated to the grease trap inside the kitchen. A photo provided by the firefighters shows the restaurant still filled with smoke after the fire was extinguished.

Awendaw-McClellanville firefighters say no one was hurt and the employees that were working were all able to escape with any issues.

The cause of the fire is still under investigation, and Sonic will remain closed for the time while repairs and cleanup are made.

Mutual aide was given by the Mt. Pleasant Fire Department County EMS.


close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending