Fire at South Pointe Apartments in Hanahan, 2 families displaced, fire chief says
Fire Chief Bo Bowers with the City of Hanahan Fire & EMS Department reports a structure fire at 6220 Murray Avenue in Hanahan.
He said the call came in at 6 p.m. and that two apartments at South Pointe Apartments were damaged.
ABC News 4 spoke with Bowers at around 7:35 p.m. and said crews were still on scene, but the fire is out now. It took the fire crews approximately 20 minutes to put out the fire, Bowers said.
Bowers said that two families have been displaced.
The City of Hanahan says the root of the fire was a grease fire from a stove that was left unattended.
No injuries were reported.