CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- Goodwill Industries of Lower South Carolina has once again partnered with VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) to provide free tax help to low and moderate income people that need help preparing their tax returns.
The free tax assistance is available at Goodwill Job Link Center on Rivers Avenue in North Charleston to individuals with an income of $65,000 and below. The income limit for families is $90,000.
Anyone who qualifies can schedule an appointment by calling 843-566-0072.
Individuals are asked to bring the following to their appointment:
- Complete copy of last year's return
- All 2013 informational statements, including:
- Wage statements - Form(s) W-2
- Interest and dividend statements - Form(s) 1099INT and 1099DIV
- Mortgage interest statements - Form(s) 1098
- Pension and social security statements - Form(s) 1099R and SSA-1099
- Tuition payment statements - Form(s) 1098-T
- Property tax receipts for any property taxes paid in 2013
- Information on deductions
- Copies of Social Security Card
- Bank account number and routing number to deposit your refund
- Valid picture ID
VITA volunteers receive IRS training and are certified to help prepare basic tax returns. Volunteers may help with special credits, such as Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit and Credit for the Elderly or Disabled.