One man critically injured in Colleton County mobile home explosion
Colleton County Fire says one man has been critically injured following an explosion in a single wide mobile home on Caesar Lane near Ritter.
The fire department says an adult male was flown from Colleton Medical Center in Walterboro to the Still Burn Center in August, G.A. by C.A.R.E. Flight with severe burns over approximately 70 percent of his body.
The home was fully involved say fire officials.
Fire officials say the man's brother, who lives next door, heard the explosion and found the home well involved. Colleton County Fire says he pulled his brother from the burning structure. McRoy says it was a gas stove and it was apparent an explosion occurred.
Colleton County Fire-Rescue Chief, Barry McRoy says the man told hospital staff the stove blew up and findings at the scene support the fact that the fire was heaviest in that area.
McRoy says SLEDs arson investigators cleared the scene "a few minutes ago" in an email sent to us at 10:18 p.m. Thursday. The man's home and belongings were all destroyed McRoy said.
"People can certainly pray for him. He will have a long recovery," McRoy said.