Six charged in Summerville man's death | PHOTOS
SUMMERVILLE, S.C. (WCIV) —
A Summerville man died Monday from injuries he suffered Saturday, November 18, in what witnesses told Berkeley County authorities was an accidental fall.
Berkeley County Sheriff's Office investigators believe the man's death was no accident, however, and have now arrested six people on various charges in connection to the man's death.
Sebastian Lenz, 27, died Monday at Trident Hospital from injuries suffered in the Saturday night incident outside a home on Kingswood Place in the Wide Awake community, according to the sheriff's office.
In what BCSO investigators describe as an attempt to hide the truth, deputies say witnesses originally claimed Lenz fell after getting out of a car, and hit his head on a sidewalk.
The sheriff's office says investigators were able to determine later that Lenz' injuries were not accidental. BCSO did not reveal details about the circumstances in a news release on its Facebook page Wednesday.
The six people arrested in connection to Lenz' death, and there charges, are listed below. All six are in jail at the Hill Finklea Detention Center awaiting a bond hearing.
- Timothy Charles Mckuhen, Goose Creek - Voluntary Manslaughter
- Andrew Echipare Alccantara, Jr., Bonneau - Accessory after the Fact of Voluntary Manslaughter
- John H. Hendrix, Jr., Ladson, - Misprision of a Felony for neglect in reporting a crime
- Deron Michael Fox, Summerville - Misprision of a Felony for neglect in reporting a crime
- Brooke Ann Mitchum, Mount Pleasant - Misprision of a Felony for failure to report a crime
- Calvin Wade Rhoney III, Ladson - Misprision of a Felony for failure to report a crime