MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Track of Irma shifts; Storm expected to intensify

Track of Irma shifts; Storm expected to intensify

Tracks and models related to major Hurricane Irma shifted over the weekend, and the now category 3 storm is expected to intensify.

While we are several days from any U.S. impacts, those in Charleston and surrounding areas should always be on alert this time of year.

Monday morning Irma was still several hundred miles from the Leeward Islands. The storm is still too far out to determine impacts along the East Coast. Some models show tracks bringing it up through Florida. Others show the storm heading for the Mid-Atlantic.

CLICK HERE to track the path of Irma and other storms.

There is also a tropical wave off the west coast of Africa that has a 70 percent chance of development in the next 5 days, and a disturbance in the Gulf of Campeche that has a 30 percent chance of development.

Monday (Labor Day), sunny and dry, highs 85-89

Monday night, mainly clear, 72-77

Tuesday, partly cloudy with afternoon storm possible, highs 84-88 -- EXTENDED FORECAST

Monday Tides

L: 1:10am H: 7:04am

L: 1:13am H: 7:41pm


Trending