What to do if there's a Charleston County evacuation, but you don't have a ride
S.C. Governor Henry McMaster said Thursday he would likely order an evacuation for Charleston and other coastal counties on Saturday if Hurricane Irma continues its forecast track toward South Carolina.
If an evacuation is ordered for Charleston County, but you do not have transportation, buses will be provided to take you to the nearest available shelter. You can catch the buses at the pick-up locations listed below.
If you have an animal to evacuate with you and you do not have transportation, or if you are disabled and cannot get to the nearest evacuation pick-up point contact the Charleston County Emergency Public Information Line at (843) 746-3900 for assistance.
North Charleston #1 (Lower North Charleston) Economy Inn & Suites – 5020 Rivers Ave.
- Bus Stop @ Rivers & Gullah – 3902 Rivers Ave
- Military Magnet Academy - 2950 Carner Ave.
- Felix Pinckney Community Center – 4790 Hassell Ave.
- Gussie Greene Community Center – 2012 Success St.
- Bus stop at 2336 Meeting & Delaware streets (Union Heights)
- Fabian Shopping Center (Old Piggly Wiggly) - 4310 Rivers Ave.
- Felix C. Davis Community Center (Park Circle) - 4800 Park Circle
- Ron McNair School – 3795 Spruill Ave.
- Bus Stop @ Spruill & Baxter – Near Chinese Deli Perry-Webb Community Center – 3200 Appleton St.
- Evening of Prayer Church, Spruill & Echo Avenues (Union Heights)
- Bus stop at Meeting & Hackeman Ave. (Union Heights)
RELATED | Hurricane Irma related closings
North Charleston #2 (Upper North Charleston) Ladson Elementary School - 3321 Ladson Rd. (Ladson)
- Charleston Korean United Methodist Church - 2745 Shadow Dr. (Deer Park)
- Kmart Super Center - 8571 Rivers Ave. (Otranto)
- Wal-Mart - 7400 Rivers Ave. Unit A
- North Charleston Center (Northern Tool) – 5900 Rivers Ave.
- Food Lion at Remount Rd. & N. Rhett – 1213 Remount Rd.
- Bus Stop @ 1473 Remount Rd. – Revelation Church of Christ
- Bus Stop @ Rivers & Trident Technical College – 7000 Rivers Ave.
- Pepperhill Elementary School – 3300 Creola Lane
- BP at 2707 Ashley Phosphate Rd. & Stall Rd.
- Rivers Park Business Center – 8085 Rivers Ave.
Track Hurricane Irma | CLICK HERE
North Charleston #3 (Dorchester Rd. Corridor) Goodwin Elementary School - 5501 Dorchester Rd.
- Lambs Elementary School - 6800 Dorchester Rd.
- Food Lion - 7550 Dorchester Rd.
- Jeanene Batten Community Center – 3690 Dorchester Rd.
- Oak Ridge Plaza (old Piggly Wiggly) - 5060 Dorchester Rd.
- Brentwood Plaza – 4400 Dorchester Rd.
- Bus Stop @ 4707 Dorchester Rd. – Low Country Harley Davidson
- Bus Stop @ 6550 Dorchester Rd. – St Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church
RELATED | Hurricane Stories
Mount Pleasant #1 (Arthur Ravenel Bridge to the Isle of Palms Connector)
- The Plaza at East Cooper – 615 Johnnie Dodds Blvd.
- Bi-Lo - 1440 Ben Sawyer Blvd. Public Library - 1133 Mathis Ferry Rd.
- Moultrie Middle School (rear side) - 645 Coleman Blvd.
- Town Center (Belk) - 1200 Belk Drive Northcutt Plaza – 280 W. Coleman Blvd.
Mount Pleasant #2 (North of the Isle of Palms Connector)
- Guy C. Lee - 2985 Hwy. 17N
- OLD Laing Middle School - 2213 Hwy. 17N
- Jennie Moore Elementary School – 2735 Bullrush Basket Lane
- Belle Hall Elementary School - 385 Egypt Rd.
- FUTURE Lucy Garrett Beckham High School - 1560 Mathis Ferry Rd.
- Harris Teeter – 2031 Hwy. 41
- Whitesides Elementary School – 1565 Rifle Range Rd.
Isle of Palms and Sullivan’s Island
- Isle of Palms Recreation Center - 24 28th Ave., Isle of Palms
- IOP US Post Office – 1000 Palm Blvd.
- Sullivan’s Island Elementary School - 2014 Mike Perkis Place (Sullivan’s Island)
- Sunrise Presbyterain Church – 3222 Middle St. (Sullivan’s Island)
Awendaw and McClellanville
- South Santee Community Center - 710 S. Santee Rd. off Rutledge Rd. (South Santee)
- McClellanville Middle School - 711 Pinckney St.
- St. James-Santee Elementary School - 8900 Hwy. 17N (McClellanville)
- Berkeley Co-Op - 7200 Hwy. 17N and Union Rd. (Awendaw)
- Sawgrass Center - 6448 Hwy. 17N (Awendaw)
- Seewee Outpost - 4853 Hwy. 17N (Awendaw)
- OLD Berkeley Co-op - 3745 Hwy. 17N and Lieben Rd. (Mt. Pleasant)
- Dollar General – 10141 Hwy. 17N
- McClellenville Dinner – 9905 Hwy. 17N
- Mt. Nebo AME Church – 5600 Hwy. 17N
- Greater Zion AME Church – 4174 Hwy. 17N
- Charleston Progressive School - 382 Meeting St., Archer Building
- OLD Sanders-Clyde Elementary School - 220 Nassau St.
- Burke High School - 244 President St.
- Joseph Floyd Manor - 2106 Mt. Pleasant St.
- Gaillard Municipal Auditorium - 95 Calhoun St. Memminger Elementary School – 20 Beaufain St.
- Bridgeview Village Apt Complex – 108 D North Romney St.
- Freddie Whaley Recreation Center – 1810 Doscher Ave.
- Bi-Lo - 3125 Bees Ferry Rd.
- West Ashley Middle School (Old Middleton High School) - 1776 William Kennerty Dr.
- Springfield Elementary School - 2741 Clover St.
- St. Andrews Middle School (Old St. Andrews High School) - 721 Wappoo Rd.
- Doscher’s IGA - 1133 Savannah Hwy.
- Citadel Mall - 2070 Sam Rittenberg Blvd.
- Publix Grocery Store - 1401 Sam Rittenberg Blvd.
- Charleston Charleston First Assembly - 2957 Savannah Hwy.
- West Ashley Vet – 840 St. Andrews Blvd.
- West Wood Plaza – 1812 Sam Rittenberg Hwy.
- Home Depot – 2008 Magwood Dr.
- Publix – 3642 Savannah Hwy.
- Earth Fare - 74 Folly Rd. (South Windermere Shopping Center)
- Fast Point Food Store - 1029 Harbor View Rd. (Harbor View Rd. at Quail Drive)
- Wal-Mart – 1231 Folly Rd. and Griffith Rd.
- Folly Beach Shopping Center - 907 Folly Rd. (Camp Rd. and Folly Rd.)
- Harris Teeter – 1739 Maybank Hwy. and Folly Rd.
- Hot Wheels – 1523 Folly Rd.
- Camp Center – 1238 Camp Rd.
- Harris Teeter – 1985 Folly Rd. and Sol Legare Rd.
- Harris Teeter – 675 Folly Rd.
- Murray Elementary School – 691 Riverland Dr.
- James Island High School – 1000 Ft. Johnson Rd.
- Hideaway Pizza Kitchen – 608A Harborview Rd. & Clearview, near Ft. Johnson Rd.
- Folly Boat Landing – Folly Rd. at ICW – 97 Center St.
- Charleston Executive Airport - 2700 Fort Trenholm Rd. (off River Rd.)
- Mount Zion Elementary School - 3464 River Rd.
- Charleston Collegiate (Sea Island Academy) - 2024 Academy Dr.
- Island Center Executive Offices - 3690 Bohicket Rd. # 3A
- Bi-Lo - 3575 Maybank Hwy. (Main Rd. and Maybank Hwy.)
- St. John’s High School - 1518 Main Rd.
- Food Lion – 2770 Maybank Hwy.
- Stono Market and Tomato Shed – 842 Main Rd.
- Hebron Zion Presbyterain Church – 2915 Bohicket Rd.
- Frierson Elementary School - 6133 Maybank Hwy.
- New Jerusalem A.M.E. Church - 6179 Bears Bluff Rd.
- Salem Presbyterian Church – 5591 Maybank Hwy.
- Kiawah Island and Seabrook Island
- Newton Farm - 149 Village Green Lane (Kiawah Island)
- Sheriff’s Office Substation – 4305 Betsy Kerrison Pkwy.
- Adam’s Run Civic Center - 5166 Hwy. 174
- St. Paul’s Fire Station – 5674 Hwy. 174
- Shilo Baptist Church - 5629 Parkers Ferry Rd.
- E-Z Shop - 2410 Hwy. 174
- Jane Edwards Elementary School - 1960 Jane Edwards Rd.
- True Value Hardware Store - 487 Hwy. 174
- Geechie Boy Market and Mill – 2975 Hwy. 174
- Trinity Episcopal Church – 1589 Hwy. 174
- Enterprise Bank – 804 Oyster Park Dr.
Hollywood, Ravenel and Yonges Island
- Rantowles Baptist Church - 4590 Hwy. 162 (Hollywood)
- Baptist Hill High School - 5117 Baptist Hill Rd. (Hollywood)
- Allen AME Church (Meggett) - 6940 Ethel Post Office Rd. (Hollywood)
- Minnie Hughes Elementary School - 8548 Willtown Rd. (Hollywood)
- Mt. Horr A.M.E. Church - 4360 Hwy. 174 (Hollywood)
- Ravenel Town Hall - 5962 Hwy. 165, Suite 100 (Ravenel)
- CC Blaney Elementary School - 7184 Hwy. 162 (Yonges Island)
- St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church – 7404 Hwy. 162
- St. Paul’s Episcpal Church – 4981 Chapel Hill Rd.
- Calvery Baptist Church – 4744 Hwy. 165
- EB Ellington Elementary School – 5540 Old Jacksonboro Rd.