On the Saturday after Thanksgiving in 2010, Roslindale Village, a town in Massachusetts, created and celebrated the first Small Business/Shop Local Saturday as a counterpart to Black Friday.
Eight years later, on Saturday, November 24, 2018, from 1 pm to 5 pm, James Island’s only brewery, Fam’s Brewing Co. will host a Shop Local Market to give the people of Charleston an escape from the Black Friday craziness while supporting great local businesses.
Guests can start searching for the perfect holiday gift from some of the best local vendors selling homemade decor, gifts, clothes, candles, and so much more while enjoying delicious food and beer.
The event is free to attend.
(See more from Holy City Sinner | CLICK HERE)
The following vendors are expected to participate in this Saturday’s Shop Local Market:
- C & J Co - hand crafted candle maker
- Dry Run Goods - Quality secondhand menswear and accessories
- Carolina Islands Soap Works - Vegan artisan salt soaps and sponges
- GypsyCastaway - custom sterling silver jewelry featuring native shells, sea glass, pottery, antlers and feathers. New product line includes belt buckles and hair clips.
- Creative Niche Gifts - Wreaths, ornaments, signs, gifts
- Beautifully Simple Soap - handmade soap, lotion, beard balm & oil
- Wild Magnolia Boutique - Women’s clothing
- iheartlulabees - Handmade jewelry
- Stacia's Creations - Handpainted rustic signs on reclaimed wood, canvas art
- DSCdesigns Cityscape Collections - Glassware, mugs, tea towels and ornaments decorated with vendor's illustrations of the Charleston skyline.
- AV-Photography - vendor's photography on 15 oz coffee mugs, prints, and greeting cards
- Connie's Customs - Quilted items, purse, coin purses, mug rugs, table runners, towels (embellished), dog collars, all are hand made
- The Rising Tied - Driftwood macrame wall hangings, macrame earrings, macrame holiday ornaments
- Haus of Hygiene - Soaps, bath products, skincare, perfume
- Cotton Avenue Boutique - Women's Clothing
- Mauveline Creations - Hand cut Leather Earrings
- W&C SPAIN - Gourmet products from Spain
- Reflections African Jewelry, LLC - Handcrafted African Jewelry"
(Charleston resident Christian Senger is the man behind Holy City Sinner, one of the most popular local news, events and entertainment blogs in Charleston).