North Charleston Police charge suspect with gun, heroin, MDMA, and marijuana charges
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) —
North Charleston Police Department has charged 25-year-old Christopher Marquise Pratt-Dease with multiple drug and weapon charges after a traffic stop on February 16.
Officers say they pulled a car over after it left 3680 Dorchester Ave. with the headlights off, and say the driver began exiting the vehicle from the passenger side while they were approaching.
After conducting a search, officers say the discovered the following:
- Brown, powder substance in the driver-side door that positive for Heroin.
- A handgun concealed between the center console and the passenger seat.
- A magazine in the back passenger seat pocket.
- Cash in the back passenger seat pocket.
- 2 bags of green plant-like material weighing 5.75 and 9.05 grams underneath the passenger seat.
- 1.8 grams of plant-like material in the center console.
Pratt-Dease is charged with unlawful possession of a firearm, possession of a firearm during commission of a violent crime, trafficking heroin, possession of Marijuana with intent to distribute, possession of MDMA, driving under suspension 1st offense, and failure to use headlights.
He is being held at the Charleston County Detention Center on a $185,000 dollar bond.