MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Dorchester County home fire blamed on electrical issues from refrigerator

Fire in Dorchester County.png

Twenty-one fire rescue personnel from Dorchester County Fire Rescue and St. Paul Fire Department responded to a home structure fire at 968 Clubhouse Road in unincorporated Dorchester County Monday morning.

The call came in at 11:22 a.m. after a neighbor noticed smoke coming from the residence while in the backyard and called 9-1-1, according to officials.

Crews arrived on the scene in less than five minutes and found extensive smoke and fire conditions coming from the one-story residential building, according to officials.

Crews extinguished the fire within 43 minutes of arriving on-scene.

Dorchester County Fire Chief, Tres Atkinson said, “Both departments are to be commended for their quick response and continued commitment to providing the highest quality of fire service.”

The Dorchester County Sherriff’s Office and EMS also responded to the scene.

No injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire was an electrical issue involving the refrigerator, according to the Dorchester County officials.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending