North Charleston Coliseum and Performing Arts Center implementing new clear bag policy
If you have plans to attend the South Carolina Stingrays game on Friday, January 5, you are advised to bring a clear bag.
The game will be held at the North Charleston Coliseum , and the clear bag policy is a new security policy the venue is debuting at the game.
“The safety and security of our guests and staff are a top priority. We believe this is a critical enhancement to our current procedures already in place,” said North Charleston Coliseum and Performing Arts Center General Manager Frank Lapsley
“We will be able to provide a safer environment and a quicker experience for guests as they enter the venues.”
Outlined below are the types of bags allowed by the North Charleston Coliseum and Performing Arts Center:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 14" x 6"x 14"
- One-gallon plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, with our without a handle or strap, not to exceed 4.5" x 6.5"
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at designated entrance specifically for this purpose.
- Diaper bags will be allowed for families with infants and toddlers. Child must be present.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, seat cushions, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.
If attendees want to continue to bring in non-professional cameras, binoculars, and smart phones, as long as they are in guests' pants pockets or a clear bag, they will be able to do so.